wba is part of the "Cooperative System of Austrian Adult Education"
wba was developed by representatives from the major Austrian Adult Education Organizations (KEBÖ) and research institutions. This initiative led to the existence of the "Cooperative System of the Austrian Adult Education" with the aim to professionalize Austrian Adult Education and to assure quality. wba is the centrepiece of this cooperation. Partner institutions of the Cooperative System provide suitable educational offers (so-called accredited courses) for candidates who still lack competences.
Institutions within the Cooperative system are:
- Austrian Federal Institute for Adult Education (Bundesinstitut für Erwachsenenbildung)
- Association of Austrian Residential Educational Centres (ARGE Bildungshäuser)
- Vocational Training Institute (Berufsförderungsinstitut)
- Austrian Library Association (Büchereiverband Österreich)
- Catholic Adult Education Institutions (Forum Katholischer Erwachsenenbildung)
- Austrian Association for Education and Economics (Österreichische Volkswirtschaftliche Gesellschaft)
- Federation of Austrian Educational Associations (Ring Österreichischer Bildungswerke)
- Association of Austrian Trade Union Education (Verband Österreichischer Gewerkschaftlicher Bildung)
- Association of Austrian Adult Education Centres (Verband Österreichischer Volkshochschulen)
- Institute for Economy Promotion of the Economic Chamber (Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut)
- Federal Institute for Rural Education and Training (Ländliches Fortbildungsinstitut)
wba is closely related to practical experience and embedded into a trans-institutional network of adult education centres. Under the general management of the Association of Austrian Adult Education Centres wba has developed into a European exemplary model within short time.